At Green Technology Designs (Pty) (Ltd) we understand your privacy is invaluable and we do everything in our skilled power to protect it. You may safely trust us with your with your privacy.
There is certain very basic information when you visit our Web Site that is recorded and we keep that information secure and let you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd.
Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postal code, age, gender, and preferences.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd when you browse our Web site and this information helps us learn about your browser and operating system. This information can include: your IP address (your computer’s internet protocol address), browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd Web site.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our new products and other updates.
Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd Web site.
Information we may and do collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card or payment method, subscribe, place an order, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time,
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use or enter our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and our reply.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Cookies are small data files that we place may place on your computer when you visit our Web site, they help us remember your preferences.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical and security data about our users’ browsing actions.
Your session activities are tracked. Most actions performed on our Web site are tracked for security reasons.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than what you choose to share with us. Cookies are non-threatening to your privacy, but allow us to be better for you.
They enable us:
- To track our Web site usage and browsing behavior
- Allow you to sign into our account and navigate our Web site efficiently
- Remember your preferences and give you a personalised experience
- Improve our performance
- Mitigate risk, provide higher security and prevent fraud
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our own secure servers. Any payment or trade transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password safe.
Green Technology Designs (Pty) Ltd has made every effort to ensure our site is safe and secure. We ensure all data is encrypted, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To verify your identity, anti-money laundering and sanctions screening accounts
- To provide security and to aid us with fraud prevention.
- To manage and maintain your account
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To respond to your enquiries and resolve disputes
- To notify you about benefits and new products
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To protect your legal interests.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties:
Unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other Companies or Organisations for the purposes of security and fraud protection.
You are our valued customer and we intend to keep it that way.
Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of R 800 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact: email@example.com